When you are suffering from an illness, you trust that your doctors and pharmacists will provide you with the correct treatment and medication. Unfortunately, a medical professional’s negligence or carelessness could cause you to receive the wrong dose or prescription. When you suffer a medication error, you could face serious health consequences, in addition to other damages.
If this scenario caused you or a loved one further illness or injury, an Arbutus medication errors attorney from our firm can advocate for your legal rights. At Brown & Barron, we fight hard for our clients’ financial recoveries so they can take the time they need to heal. You deserve to have someone in your corner seeking justice and compensation for how your life has been affected.
Types of Medication Error Cases We Handle
A medication error is any scenario in which a patient does not receive the medication they need based on their health condition due to malpractice. Some of the most common examples of medication error are:
- Wrong dosage: A physician prescribed the wrong dose, or a nurse or pharmacist may have dispensed the wrong dose to the patient.
- Monitoring error: A physician prescribed medication that is incompatible with the patient’s other prescriptions of prior medical history.
- Administration error: A nurse or pharmacist gave the patient the wrong medication.
- Compliance error: Someone involved in the prescription process did not follow the proper protocols for dispensing and prescribing drugs.
- Omission: The physician failed to prescribe a medication that another medical professional in the same position would have prescribed based on the patient’s condition.
Any of these medication errors could be fatal or put you or your loved one at serious risk of further health complications. If you suffered a medication error in Arbutus, an attorney from our firm can identify the cause and build a case around it.
Get in touch with a medication errors lawyer serving Arbutus, 410-547-0202 for a free case evaluation.
Who Can Be Liable for a Medication Error
There are several parties that may have had a role in your case, potentially making them liable for your injuries and damages. When you choose Brown & Barron, we can determine who is to blame and the best way to proceed with your case. For example, some of the parties that could be responsible are:
- Lab technicians
- Pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- The drug company
- The hospital
When you are in a vulnerable situation, you expect that your medical team will prescribe and dispense medications to help you get better, not hurt you in the process. If you have been hurt by a medication error, we will identify all possible liable parties and collect evidence to support your case against them.
Types of Compensation You Could Recover in Arbutus
Medication errors can cause many different types of damages, all of which could be recoverable through a malpractice claim. For example, you could receive compensation for:
- Medical bills to treat additional injuries or illness you developed as a result
- Loss of income for the time you can’t work
- Pain and suffering
- And more
Other expenses could also be recoverable, such as funeral and burial costs if you lost your loved one due to a medication error. When we review your case, our team will identify the damages you can seek and ensure they are properly valued. It is crucial that you speak with an attorney before accepting any settlement the other party offers you, as once the case is closed, you cannot seek additional compensation.
How Much Time You Have to File a Lawsuit in Arbutus
The statute of limitations in Maryland dictates how long you have to file a lawsuit against the parties responsible for your or your loved one’s injuries. For example, a case of medical malpractice gives you up to five years from the injury or three years from discovering the injury or illness, per Maryland Courts & Judicial Proceedings Code Section 5-109.
Since laws are constantly changing, it is important that you contact a lawyer that knows Maryland regulations and how to navigate them. You don’t want to miss your chance of filing a lawsuit and getting compensation because you were too late.
How a Medication Error Attorney Can Help You
Hiring a lawyer from our firm to handle your medication error case means you can leave the legal worries to us. We’ll handle the major aspects of your case, advocate for you, and fight for the best possible outcome. Some of our recent client reviews can provide insight into the client-attorney relationship we cultivate:
- “Chris and his team went above and beyond anything I could have expected. Even through Covid they kept me up to date on any and all progress with my case. They were friendly, professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and fast responding. I will always be thankful for this firm. I will recommend them to anyone in need of their services.” — Jennifer Bottomley
- “If given the chance, I would absolutely work with Chris (Brown & Barron) again and will be recommending to any family or friends in need of their services. From the very start you’ll know you made the best choice going with this group.” Tim Sansone
- “The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done. I can tell you this first hand because that’s exactly what they did for me and my family.” Eric J. Butler Jr.
Receive a Free Consultation From Brown & Barron Today
At Brown & Barron, we take each client’s unique needs seriously. When you choose our firm to represent you, you can feel confident that our team will do everything they can to get the outcome you deserve.
Worrying about your civil case is one of the last things you want to do after suffering a severe injury or illness. By contacting Brown & Barron today, you can bring yourself one step closer to securing justice in your case. Our firm offers free initial cases to potential clients, allowing you to learn more about your case and our services without worrying about your finances.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a medication errors lawyer serving Arbutus.