While most injuries can heal relatively quickly, some injuries can be devastating and permanent. These types of catastrophic injuries may result in costly medical bills, severe physical and emotional distress, and could prevent the victim from working or earning wages–potentially for the rest of his or her life.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious, catastrophic injury due to another’s negligence, contact the Baltimore catastrophic injury attorneys at Brown & Barron, our team will work tirelessly to deliver you the results you deserve.
How Much Could My Catastrophic Injury Case Be Worth?
Since no two catastrophic injury cases are the same, there is no average value. The most significant difference in each case is the severity of someone’s injuries. Someone with minor injuries might not receive as much compensation as someone with life-changing, severe injuries. Our attorneys will review your recoverable damages to estimate how much your case could be worth.
Recoverable damages are the amount of money someone owes a victim for injuring them. They could recover both economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic Damages You Could Recover
Economic damages are verified monetary losses you sustained because of your injury. The damages you could recover include:
- Medical expenses: Your medical expenses could be sizeable following a catastrophic injury. If you went to the emergency room or had a lengthy hospital stay, you need to include those costs in your claim. You should also add other costs such as medications, medical supplies, assistive devices (e.g., a wheelchair), and the cost of any home healthcare.
- Lost income: If you had to miss work because of the severity of your injuries, you could include the earnings you lost up to the date of the claim. You can do so no matter if you have been out of work the entire time or only missed a few days while you recovered.
- Lost earning capacity: A catastrophic injury could cause you to be out of work for a long time. If this is the case, you can include lost earning capacity in your claim. Our attorneys work with experts in the economics and medical fields to calculate the value of future earning capacity, such as your salary, benefits, and bonuses.
Non-Economic Damages You Could Recover
Recoverable damages do not just apply to monetary losses. You can also recover noneconomic damages, which are subjective, intangible losses. For example, after a catastrophic injury, you could recover the following damages:
- Pain and suffering: You could be compensated for the physical effects your injury caused you. You can include any pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience in your claim.
- Emotional distress: An incident that causes a catastrophic injury could have been a traumatic experience. You might now suffer from anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or sleep disorders. If you have any mental conditions, you could add those damages to your claim.
- Loss of enjoyment: Many catastrophic injuries could have a considerable impact on your ability to enjoy life in the same capacity you could before. If you cannot participate in activities you used to enjoy before the accident, you could be entitled to receive damages for loss of enjoyment.
Since noneconomic losses do not have an exact monetary amount associated with them, our attorneys will calculate the value of your noneconomic damages to determine what your claim could be worth.
Get in touch with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Baltimore, 410-547-0202 for a free case evaluation.
Tenacious & Dedicated Representation
Our firm is compassionate in nature, yet aggressive in our approach when pursuing cases involving catastrophic injuries because we know just how much is on the line for victims and their families. When dealing with a life-long and permanent injury and disability resulting from the negligence of another party, we believe there is no time to waste in pursuing what you are entitled to.
Catastrophic injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Wrongful death
- Catastrophic sports injuries
Brown & Barron Provides Compassionate Advocacy in Baltimore
Since 2017, our firm has recovered over $82 million for our clients. We fight aggressively to help our clients get a positive outcome with their cases. Catastrophic injuries can affect your life drastically and we want you to feel comfortable throughout the legal process. Choosing Brown & Barron as your Baltimore catastrophic injury attorney is the right choice because we have:
- Baltimore-based, local firm
- 130+ years of combined experience
- Award-winning attorneys
- Recovered millions for our clients
- Free, no-obligation consultations available 24/7
- Dedicated attorneys who are committed to every case and client
Contact Our Baltimore Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Today
Our experienced, determined, and committed team of Baltimore catastrophic injury lawyers at Brown & Barron is ready and willing to go the distance on your behalf, no matter what it takes. We will thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances of your case, consult with professionals regarding your injury, and collect first-hand accounts of what occurred, so as to best plan a course of action to deliver you the compensation you deserve.
Never has there been a more important time to fight for what’s right. So, do yourself a favor and contact the Baltimore catastrophic injury lawyers at Brown & Barron today.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Baltimore.