Baltimore Brain Injuries Lawyer
Brain Injuries Caused by Medical Malpractice
At Brown & Barron, LLC, we understand the devastating impact that brain injuries caused by medical malpractice can have on individuals and their families. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury as a result of medical negligence, our experienced team of attorneys is here to help. We are committed to fighting for your rights and seeking the justice and compensation you deserve.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a brain injury lawyer serving Baltimore.
Comprehensive Support After a Brain Injury
Brain injuries require immediate medical and legal attention. We understand the critical importance of your health and well-being. As experienced Baltimore brain injury lawyers, we are committed to being your trusted legal advocate during this challenging time.
- Preparing Your Case: Our dedicated team will conduct a thorough investigation, carefully examine the details of your case, assess damages, and handle all necessary paperwork for your claim. With our expertise, we will build a strong foundation to support your legal pursuit.
- Negotiating Your Settlement: Our firm will be your voice throughout the legal process, skillfully advocating for your rights and fighting for fair compensation. We have extensive experience in negotiation strategies and will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Litigating Your Case: In the event that a favorable settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, rest assured that our firm is fully prepared to take your case to trial. Our experienced Baltimore brain injury attorneys will represent you with determination, seeking a greater recovery on your behalf.
The team at Brown & Barron has a proven track record of success in representing clients who have suffered harm due to the negligence of others. We have obtained multiple million-dollar verdicts and settlements for injury victims across Maryland, showcasing our unwavering dedication to our clients' well-being.
Common Brain Injuries Caused by Medical Malpractice
Brain injuries resulting from medical malpractice can occur in various medical settings and may have lifelong consequences.
Some common brain injuries caused by medical negligence include:
- Anoxic brain injury (oxygen deprivation)
- Hypoxic brain injury (partial oxygen deprivation)
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Cerebral palsy resulting from birth injuries
- Surgical errors leading to brain damage
- Medication errors causing brain injury
- Failure to diagnose or treat a brain condition
Proving Negligence in a Brain Injury Claim
Proving negligence in a brain injury claim caused by medical malpractice requires a thorough and strategic approach. At Brown & Barron, LLC, our Baltimore brain injury attorneys are well-versed in handling complex medical malpractice cases and are dedicated to establishing negligence on behalf of our clients.
Key elements involved in proving negligence include:
- Duty of Care: We begin by establishing that the medical professional or healthcare provider owed you a duty of care. This duty of care implies that they had a legal obligation to provide a certain standard of care, skill, and expertise while treating you.
- Breach of Duty: We then demonstrate that the medical professional breached their duty of care through their actions or omissions. This requires showing that their conduct deviated from the accepted standard of care that a reasonably skilled and competent healthcare provider would have followed in similar circumstances.
- Causation: We establish a causal connection between the medical professional's breach of duty and your brain injury. This involves demonstrating that the negligent actions directly caused or substantially contributed to your injury. We consult with medical experts who can provide opinions and testimony to strengthen this causal link.
- Damages: We must establish the damages you have suffered as a result of the brain injury caused by medical malpractice. This includes both economic and non-economic damages such as medical expenses, ongoing treatment costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and other relevant factors.
- Expert Testimony: Medical malpractice cases often require expert testimony to support the claim of negligence. We work with respected medical experts who can analyze the medical records, evaluate the standard of care, and provide professional opinions on the breach of duty and the resulting brain injury.
- Comparative Negligence: In some cases, the defense may argue that your own actions contributed to the brain injury. We will address this by demonstrating that any potential contributory negligence on your part was minimal, or that it did not directly cause or contribute significantly to the injury.
- Documentation and Evidence: We gather all relevant medical records, diagnostic tests, treatment plans, and other evidence to build a compelling case. This documentation helps to establish the extent of the injury, the damages suffered, and the connection to the medical professional's negligence.
Call Brown & Barron Today
At Brown & Barron, LLC, we understand the complexities involved in proving negligence in a brain injury claim caused by medical malpractice. Our experienced team will conduct a thorough investigation, consult with medical experts, and employ effective legal strategies to build a strong case on your behalf. We are dedicated to seeking justice and fair compensation for your injuries.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your brain injury case.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.