Baltimore Cephalohematoma Injury Attorney
Cephalohematoma is a concerning and dangerous medical condition that usually occurs during the delivery or birth of a newborn child. Commonly associated with the improper use of obstetrical tools during delivery, a cephalohematoma is an abnormal collection of blood that develops and collects underneath the skin, on the external surface of a baby’s skull bone.
If your child suffered from a cephalohematoma as a result of the negligence of a doctor or nurse, there is no time to waste in enlisting the help of the experienced Baltimore cephalohematoma injury attorneys of Brown & Barron, as we will do everything possible to fight against this injustice.
Get in touch with a cephalohematoma lawyer serving Baltimore, (410) 698-1717 for a free case evaluation.
What Is Cephalohematoma?
The improper or excessive use of obstetrical forceps is believed to increase the likelihood of a cephalohematoma, as this may result in trauma or injury to a baby’s head. Cephalohematoma is a preventable medical condition that can result in a serious and traumatic brain injury such as cerebral palsy, leading to severe and lifelong developmental delays and gross motor skill deficiencies.
Common indications of cephalohematoma include:
- Anemia: A condition where you do not produce enough healthy red blood cells to carry sufficient oxygen throughout the body. This condition can cause someone to feel tired and weak. Other symptoms include pale or yellowish skin, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, chest pain, and headaches.
- Infection: Sepsis, meningitis, and E. coli are common infections associated with cephalohematomas.
- Jaundice: This condition occurs if a baby’s blood contains an excess amount of bilirubin, a yellow pigment made when red blood cells break down. Usually, the baby’s skin and eyes will appear yellowish. Jaundice commonly occurs in babies born before 38 weeks because their liver is not yet mature enough to get rid of the bilirubin in the bloodstream.
- Unnatural bulges on the child’s head: Medical professionals must monitor any bumps on the head that appear abnormal after birth.
Expenses Associated With Cephalohematoma
The costs associated with treating cephalohematoma vary based on the severity of the injury. If you have experienced mounting bills because of your child’s cephalohematoma, our attorneys can help. We will hold the doctors and nurses responsible for the injuries accountable.
You could recover damages for some of the expenses you paid. Recoverable damages are the amount of money a court requires someone to pay for injuring someone else. For example, if your child sustained a cephalohematoma injury because of the mistake or negligence of a medical professional, you could include the following damages in your claim:
- Medical bills: The child may need expensive lifesaving medical procedures performed if they have severe complications. Other medical bills include hospital stays, follow-up doctor’s appointments, medications, and diagnostic tests such as MRIs or x-rays.
- Rehabilitative care: If the injury is severe enough, your child might need rehabilitative therapies in the future. This could include speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Assistive devices: Severe cephalohematomas could require assistive devices for your child to perform day-to-day activities. These include any mobility devices or assistive communication systems.
A Baltimore cephalohematoma injury attorney at Brown & Barron can calculate the value of damages you could recover with your claim.
Brown & Barron Provides Personalized Solutions for Your Legal Concerns
The attorneys at Brown & Barron understand that each case is different. Therefore, we personalize our approach when negotiating with the other party based on the circumstances of each case. We are skilled and compassionate lawyers who will advocate for you and your family. If you choose us to represent you, you can expect:
- Free consultations: We offer free, no-obligation consultations to any potential clients. We want you to leave this meeting with all your questions answered. Our staff members are available 24/7 to answer your calls.
- Dedicated attorneys: Our lawyers care about our work and are committed to every case and every client. We want our clients to have a positive experience while working with us.
- We advocate for you: We use aggressive negotiation tactics with insurance companies, and if a settlement cannot be reached, we will fight for you at trial.
We want you to receive justice for the mistake or negligence of someone else. We want our client’s voices to be heard, which is why we offer attentive service and representation.
Contact Our Baltimore Birth Injury Lawyers Today
If you are concerned that your child’s cephalohematoma injury was caused by the negligence or carelessness of a doctor or nurse, it is vital that you move quickly to obtain the legal counsel you and your child deserve.
At Brown & Barron, we understand that nothing is quite as important as your child’s health and wellbeing; our compassionate, experienced, and skilled legal team will work tirelessly to ensure that those who caused your child’s injury are held accountable for their mistakes. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a cephalohematoma lawyer serving Baltimore.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.