Baltimore Hospital Mistake Attorney
When a hospital patient suffers an injury, catches a disease, or experiences a preventable worsening of an illness, the question of whether or not a hospital error caused it must be brought to light. A hospital error is a form of medical malpractice in which a hospital staff member makes a mistake or ignores acceptable medical standards in such a way that leads to patient harm.
When hospital mistakes occur, the patient has the right to file a compensation claim. At Brown & Barron, our Baltimore hospital mistake attorneys have extensive experience representing wrongfully injured patients, including those who suffered due to hospital errors. Let us know what happened in your case by calling for a free consultation.
Why Should You Choose to Work With Brown & Barron for Your Claim?
- We have 137+ years of combined experience as trial lawyers.
- We are highly rated and recognized by numerous professional associations.
- We have a history of winning multiple multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts.
- We have appellate attorneys ready to challenge faulty judgments.
Get in touch with a hospital mistake lawyer serving Baltimore, (410) 698-1717 for a free case evaluation.
Examples of Dangerous Hospital Errors
Hospital errors can take many forms, such as:
- Forcing a patient to wait too long in urgent care
- Mixing up patient records
- Prescription errors in on-site pharmacies
- Unsterile conditions in the hospital
- Untrained or inept physicians on staff
- Neglecting the needs of an in-patient
- Releasing a patient too soon from hospital care
- Failing to provide adequate security for patients
Due to the numerous types of hospital errors, it can be difficult to accurately identify one when it happens. Or, it can be a challenge to trace it to the root cause and liability. This is not a task you should busy yourself with when you should be focusing on resting and recuperation.
Allow our team of hospital error attorneys in Baltimore to take your case over and act on your behalf from start to finish. Getting maximized compensation for you is our priority.
Steps to Take After a Hospital Mistake Caused Your Injury
As a patient, you have a right to file a claim for your losses if the hospital made a mistake while treating you. If you plan to file a claim for your injury, there are steps to take afterward to help your case. You can start by hiring a medical malpractice attorney to represent you—our team can take it from there.
Reviewing Your Medical Malpractice Case
Our team will review your case for free and inform you of your legal options. We have handled many medical malpractice cases and understand their complexities.
If you decide to move forward, our team starts by gathering the required evidence to prove your case. For example, if you haven’t already, we’ll request your medical records from the hospital.
The hospital must comply with a request to provide your medical records. These documents should provide a detailed outline of what occurred during your hospital stay.
Determining Who Was Liable
There are many medical professionals you may have seen during your time in the hospital. You must determine who was liable for your injuries. It could be a doctor, nurse, ambulance service, or even the hospital.
Any party that was potentially involved in the medical error should be included in your claim and held liable for their actions. Once we identify the individuals or entities responsible, our attorneys can draft and file a complaint on your behalf, explaining:
- How the injury occurred
- The harm that was caused to you or your loved one
- The value of your damages
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a hospital mistake lawyer serving Baltimore.
In a medical malpractice case, it is possible to recover damages if you suffered any losses or expenses. Before moving forward with your claim, an attorney can help you determine what damages you could recover and establish the value of your case.
Examples of recoverable damages in a medical malpractice case include:
- Medical bills: This includes monetary losses relating to doctor’s visits, hospitalizations, ambulance rides, emergency room bills, rehabilitative care, or medications. If your injuries cause you to need medical care after your claim is settled, you can include future medical expenses. Our attorneys will help you calculate the value of future medical expenses.
- Loss of income: If you were out of work because of your injuries, you could recover compensation for the lost wages. If you are unable to return to work in the same capacity or at all, you could include future lost earnings and benefits in your claim.
- Pain and suffering: Any physical pain, discomfort, anguish, or inconvenience you felt because of your injuries can be included in your claim as a loss.
- Emotional distress: If your injuries caused you to have mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder, you can include emotional distress damages in your claim.
- Loss of enjoyment: If you are unable to enjoy sports, activities, or hobbies you used to enjoy in the past because of your injuries, you can include loss of enjoyment damages to your claim.
Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Before Time Runs Out
We encourage you to contact an attorney shortly after you discover medical malpractice may have occurred. Md. Cts. & Jud. Proc. Code § 5-109 states that you have 5 years from the date of the incident or 3 years after you discovered the injury, whichever is sooner, to sue, so you have a limited time to act. Our attorneys will make sure you do not miss any deadlines.
Protect Your Rights as an Injured Patient in Maryland
It is important to stand up for yourself after you are harmed by a hospital error. Otherwise, the negligent medical provider could continue to make the same mistakes and hurt other people in the same way.
Learn how you can take care of yourself and others in your community through a medical malpractice claim by contacting our Baltimore attorneys about possible hospital mistakes today.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.