Abuse is never acceptable, and abuse of the elderly by a nursing home’s staff demands that we seek accountability. Brown & Barron will take legal action against a nursing home in Gaithersburg where your loved one suffered abuse.
We may get a financial recovery for your loved one’s medical care, relocation costs, and pain and suffering—and just as importantly, attain justice for your loved one. A Gaithersburg attorney from our team will get to work today on your loved one’s case of abuse by nursing home staff.
Nursing Homes in Gaithersburg Have a Clear Responsibility to Protect Residents
When a nursing home accepts a resident into its facility, it accepts a responsibility. Whether or not it is explicit in a contract, the nursing home has a duty to protect the resident from harm.
If your loved one suffered abuse by nursing home staff, then the nursing home itself is potentially negligent. Several failures by the nursing home can lead to abuse, including:
- Failure to properly vet staff to ensure they are qualified and safe before hiring them
- Failure to respond immediately and thoroughly to reports of abuse
- Failure to monitor staff members
- Enacting weak disciplinary measures against staffers who engage in abuse
- Failure to maintain adequate staffing levels to meet the needs of residents, which Health Services Insightsnotes is a problem at more than half of U.S. nursing homes
An attorney who handles nursing home abuse and neglect cases will know how to identify and prove negligence by the nursing home. They will also identify failures by individual caregivers and staff.
Is a Gaithersburg Nursing Home Liable for My Loved One’s Abuse?
If our firm can prove that the nursing home violated its duty of care, then they may be negligent. If the home is negligent, it may be liable for your loved one’s losses. We generally prove negligence in nursing home negligence cases by:
- Establishing that the nursing home had a duty of care to your loved one
- Showing that the nursing home breached its duty of care
- Linking the breach of duty of care to your loved one’s abuse
- Proving the damages that resulted from your loved one’s abuse
We will support this argument by acquiring all the relevant evidence and documentation specific to your loved one’s case.
Get in touch with a abuse by nursing home staff lawyer serving Gaithersburg, 410-547-0202 for a free case evaluation.
What Damages Can My Loved One Recover for Their Abuse in a Nursing Home?
Abuse can cause a wide range of damages, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains. Your loved one may have physical, psychological, emotional, and financial damages. An attorney from Brown & Barron will compassionately identify those losses and determine their monetary cost.
Recoverable damages in your loved one’s case may include:
- Medical costs: Any medical costs your loved one faces because of abuse may be recoverable. These costs can result from emergency treatment, surgery, doctors’ appointments, hospitalization, medications, medical imaging, and other services.
- Pain and suffering: A Gaithersburg attorney with experience in abuse by nursing home staff can work with experts in abuse-related trauma. We will identify all forms of pain and suffering your loved one experienced. Civil courts in Maryland allow abuse victims to seek a financial recovery for trauma under the category of pain and suffering.
- Other economic or non-economic damages resulting from abuse by a nursing home staffer: If your loved one wants to move to a new facility, then we may be able to get coverage for moving expenses. If your loved one has any other economic or non-economic losses because of abuse, we’ll seek an appropriate recovery.
Some cases of nursing home abuse tragically become wrongful death cases. If your loved one passed away because of abuse-related health problems, we can speak with you about a wrongful death claim.
How Our Lawyers Can Assist with Your Loved One’s Case in Gaithersburg
Getting a fair financial recovery for the damages of abuse is not the only goal; we want to help you move forward with peace of mind. Brown & Barron handles your case from start to finish with professionalism, competence, and open communication. Our role in your nursing home abuse case may include:
- Gathering all relevant information about your loved one’s abuse at the hands of nursing home staff
- Gathering direct evidence of abuse
- Documenting your loved one’s damages
- Hiring experts to help with our case
- Completing all case-related paperwork and communications
- Engaging in settlement negotiations
- Fighting for your recovery in court, if necessary
Brown & Barron will aggressively fight for the financial recovery your loved one deserves. We do not care whether this means going to trial or settling—we are prepared for either outcome.
What Does It Cost to Hire Brown & Barron for a Nursing Home Negligence Case?
There is no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to hire Brown & Barron. Our firm handles cases based on contingency fees. These fees are contingent on us winning your case. Therefore, our firm handles all case-related expenses and only gets a portion of your settlement or judgment.
There is no direct financial cost when you hire us—we either receive a portion of your winnings or no fee at all.
One More Thing: Consider Our Client Testimonials
Client testimonials are an easy way to learn what a law firm is all about. We are proud of the reviews we’ve earned from our former clients:
- “I had a wrongful death suit with a nursing home, and I trusted the law firm Brown and Barron to handle the case for me. They did an exceptional job.” – Drew Dubose, former client
- “Brown & Barron is the best! The whole team kept us up to date on everything. They treated us like we’re family. They give great counsel and have your back. I recommend this office to everyone! To everyone there I want to say ‘Thank You for everything!’” – Tequila Shepherd, former client
- “Brown & Barron was great! They always explained everything thoroughly to make sure I had a clear understanding of the whole process. Everyone here is super nice, attentive, and down to earth. Would definitely recommend.” – Nequa Turner, former client
You should expect the same level of legal service if you hire us for your loved one’s nursing home abuse case in Gaithersburg.
Call Brown & Barron Today for a Free Consultation About Your Montgomery County Case
Do not wait to call our team, as a nursing home staff abuse attorney will start work on your case as soon as possible. Cases like these have deadlines to file a claim, and you do not want to miss your opportunity to get justice.
We can answer any questions you have when you contact us. Call Brown & Barron today for your FREE consultation.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a abuse by nursing home staff lawyer serving Gaithersburg.