Bowie Medication Errors Attorney
Having a medical condition or disease can be challenging for you and your family. When seeking medical help and treatment, you expect professionalism and accuracy from specialized doctors. When treatment fails, your condition could deteriorate severely.
All humans make mistakes, but when a physician makes a medication error, they endanger your health and, ultimately, your life. Fortunately, the United States has laws that protect the victims of medical malpractice. Our Bowie medication error attorneys can help you and your family seek justice.
To determine precisely how we can help you, call for a free consultation with one of our medication errors attorneys as soon as possible. You can also fill out our online contact form. Don’t take more time than necessary; reach out to us so we can start building your medical malpractice claim.
Get in touch with a medication errors lawyer serving Bowie, (410) 698-1717 for a free case evaluation.
What Is a Medication Error?
A medication error is a preventable event that may lead to inappropriate medication use or patient harm. These preventable events could be the fault of the professional practice, health care products, procedures and systems. These include:
- Order communication
- Product labeling
If you suspect you have suffered a medication error, contact Brown & Barron. Our attorneys are available to assist you and guide you through every step of the legal process.
How a Lawyer Serving Bowie Medication Error Victims Can Help
A lawyer from Brown & Barron can help you in several ways, including (but not limited to):
- Collect evidence: This means gathering medical records, interviewing the medical team involved in your case, and speaking with other doctors that prove they would have acted differently in a similar situation.
- Determine if you have a case: Even though you think you have a medical malpractice case, you might not have one. We can help you determine if you have a chance and the best way to proceed.
- Manage communication with the insurance company and the at-fault party’s attorneys: Insurance companies look for themselves, always trying to pay the least amount of money. Talking with them and the other party’s attorneys can be difficult and put at risk the compensation you could receive.
- Negotiate a settlement for you: We will always put your best interests first, and we’ll fight to get a fair amount of money for you.
- File a claim or lawsuit: If we decide that you have a case, we will file a claim or lawsuit against the responsible parties.
- Go to court: We will defend your rights and interest if the case goes to court.
- Answer your questions: Our team will answer your medical malpractice questions and guide you throughout your case.
Common Causes of Medication Errors Our Lawyers See at Our Firm
There can be multiple causes of medication errors in hospitals. Some of the most common are:
- Lack of patient monitoring
- Errors in naming, labeling, and packaging medication
- Lack of standardized protocols and procedures
- Workload and time pressures
- Don’t take into consideration the characteristics of every patient
- Inadequate drug knowledge and experience
Regardless of the cause of the medication error, you could be entitled to receive compensation for the damages it caused.
A Medication Error Attorney Can Protect Your Rights
A medication error attorney in Bowie from Brown & Barron is here to help you in this difficult time. We always put our clients first and make sure you have the final decision. You don’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes, especially if they hurt you and change your life significantly.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a medication errors lawyer serving Bowie.
Case Results Our Team Has Secured for Our Past Clients
Our attorneys are capable of taking action and fighting to get you justice. Some of the compensation we have obtained for our medical malpractice clients include:
- $1,300,000 for an anesthesiology error
- $775,000 for a mismanaged diabetic foot ulcer
- $750,000 for failure to diagnose a tumor
We can help you obtain fair damages for your injuries and medication error-related losses.
Time Limit to File a Claim or Lawsuit for your Injuries
Unfortunately, there is a time limit to legally file a claim or lawsuit in your case of medication error. Md. Code, Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 5-101 establishes that for medical malpractice, you have the earlier of either five years from the date of injury or three years from the discovery of the negligence.
Although this might seem like a long time, obtaining evidence can be a slow process. Moreover, the time when you don’t file a claim is wasted time, and you are spending money from your own pocket on recovery.
Damages We Can Recover for You
Damages sustained from a medication error are unpredictable and vary from patient to patient. Our job is to analyze how your life has been impacted by the negligent actions of the medical professional or team. Some of the damages we can help you recover are:
- Pain and suffering: You can receive money for your aches, permanent or temporary physical limitations, shortening of life, or depression caused by the medication error.
- Medical expenses: Most of the costs related to your injuries caused by medical malpractice can be covered.
- Diminished earning capacity: If your earning ability is reduced due to the injuries you suffered, you could receive money to compensate you.
- Prescription medication: If you must change medication or take a new one due to your injuries, you could receive compensation to cover it.
- Accessibility equipment: If you have to use a wheelchair, crutches, or other medical equipment due to your injuries, you can receive money for their costs.
After a free consultation with us, we can start building your case and determine what damages you may be eligible to recover.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.