Healthcare professionals are considered some of the most valuable members of our society. When sick or injured, we rely on the expertise of physicians, nurses, and other medical workers to help us get better. Unfortunately, there are cases where a healthcare professional may act negligently and leave the patient with detrimental injuries and financial burdens.
If you, or a loved one, has suffered injuries because of a medical practitioner’s mistake or negligence when providing care, you have the right to pursue compensation on the grounds of medical malpractice. Our Waldorf medical malpractice attorney can review your case and help you seek damages for your medical bills, wage loss, trauma, and other losses you have suffered in the hands of a medical professional.
Our attorneys handle cases throughout Maryland. Our team is available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have.
Get in touch with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Waldorf, (410) 698-1717 for a free case evaluation.
Hospitals, doctors, nurses, and medical insurance providers have plenty of resources at their disposal. This makes filing a lawsuit against a healthcare provider that concludes in your favor quite arduous. You can count on Brown & Barron, LLC, to provide comprehensive representation on even the most complicated medical malpractice cases and fight against deep-pocketed defendants.
Our medical malpractice attorney and legal team will conduct an in-depth investigation and review of your case, compile strong evidence, and negotiate with the liable insurers until an appropriate settlement is reached.
Here are some of the services we offer to medical malpractice victims seeking to file a medical negligence claim:
- Investigate case: Our medical malpractice lawyer serving Waldorf will investigate every angle of your case to understand what occurred. We will aim to identify the parties involved in causing you harm at this stage. Our team will also figure out the full range of damages caused by the negligence.
- Evidence gathering: We will compile medical records, images, video footage, and other key pieces of documentation that demonstrates that the medical provider or hospital engaged in negligent behavior which caused you harm.
- Obtain witness statements: Witness testimonies, especially from medical experts, can add powerful credibility to the case. We may source expert witnesses who can offer technical insight that proves that negligence occurred and identify any discrepancy in the provided information.
- Filing claim: Our legal firm will correctly fill out appropriate forms, draft claim documentation, compile other necessary materials and submit the completed package to the local court within Maryland’s statute of limitation. We will keep you updated every step of the way as your claim moves through the legal system’s different levels.
- Negotiating settlement: Most medical malpractice lawsuits do not go to court right away. You will have the opportunity to negotiate settlements through the at-fault party’s insurance provider. We will handle this step for you. Our medical negligence attorney will communicate with the insurance adjuster and other parties on your behalf and vigorously negotiate for an offer that best represents your financial losses.
The aftermath of medical malpractice incidents can result in physical and mental trauma and a mountain of bills that may take years to overcome. If a medical provider’s misconduct has caused you harm, contact our attorney at the earliest so we can begin the claim filing process and get you the compensation that will help you move forward with your life.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a medical malpractice lawyer serving Waldorf.
Who Can Be Sued for Medical Malpractice?
Medical negligence takes many forms. Here are a few examples:
- Misdiagnoses or delayed diagnosis
- Emergency room or surgical errors
- Administering the wrong medication or incorrect dosage
- Administering the wrong dosage or delayed dosage of anesthesia
- Administering contaminated injections
- Using defective medical products
- Birth injuries to the baby or the mother during labor and delivery
Our attorney will review the facts of your case to learn how and where the negligence occurred so we can then determine who was liable for the malpractice and if some other individuals or entities may share liability for your harm.
Before initiating a medical malpractice lawsuit, you must first determine whose mistake caused the patient’s injury in the first place. Multiple healthcare professionals tend to be involved in a patient’s treatment and care. Here are a few common at-fault parties in medical negligence cases:
- The medical professional
- Family physician
- Physical assistant
- Nurse practitioner
Medical errors can stem from any healthcare provider, and they must be held accountable for their negligence so that they do not make the same mistake again and harm other patients. Hospitals and other facilities that employ the liable medical professional can hold fault for their employee’s actions under the vicarious liability principle.
Here are some instances when a hospital may be held accountable:
- Not conducting sufficient background checks before hiring a medical provider
- Not verifying the medical professionals’ experience, training, and license
- Not addressing the complaints against the liable employee
- Not having, inspecting, or maintaining the premise or an equipment
Other medical practitioners and healthcare facilities can also be liable for medical malpractice. If you believe that the injuries you suffered resulted from the negligent act of a medical professional or entity, contact our legal firm as soon as possible. Our Waldorf medical malpractice attorney will investigate your case and identify all liable parties.
Seek Our Medical Malpractice Lawyer’s Expertise to Lead Your Case
We understand that medical wrongdoing can leave debilitating injuries, trauma, and financial burden. Our legal team has worked on several cases where people sought medical care to get better but ended up having to bear the expensive consequences of medical professionals’ negligence.
If you have faced a similar situation, we urge you to call Brown & Barron, LLC. Over a free — no-obligation — case review, our Waldorf medical malpractice attorney will listen to your story, explain your legal options, how our firm can help fight for fair compensation, and the best way to proceed.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.