A medication’s purpose is to cure, treat, or prevent diseases. This, however, is not possible if physicians, nurses, and pharmacists prescribe or administer the wrong medication or incorrect dosage, which can result in the patient suffering adverse reactions and even death from overdose. While medical providers must follow strict standards and safety protocols to minimize medication errors, it still happens in various healthcare facilities.
If you are a victim of a medication error, you may be entitled to obtain compensation from the medical professional, pharmacist, or other entity responsible for your losses. A Waldorf medication error attorney from Brown & Barron can listen to your case, explain your legal options, and build a convincing claim so you can obtain fair compensation for your damages.
Seek an Experienced Waldorf Medication Errors Lawyer to File Your Claim
The dedicated legal team and prescription errors attorney at Brown & Barron understand how damaging an incorrect medication or prescription can be to a patient’s life. We are ready to thoroughly investigate your case and build a strong medication error claim for compensation.
Get in touch with a medication errors lawyer serving Waldorf, (410) 698-1717for a free case evaluation.
Medication errors refer to preventable mistakes made between physicians prescribing medication and the patients receiving the medication. Medication errors can occur while prescribing, documenting, transcribing, dispensing, administering, or monitoring a drug.
The most common medication error occurs at the prescribing or ordering stage, where the physician may write the wrong medication or suggest an improper dosage. Other medication errors include:
- Prescribing an unauthorized drug
- Failure to consider the patient’s liver or renal health, allergies, or potential for drug-drug, drug-disease, or drug-nutrient interaction
- Prescribing the ingestion of medication at the incorrect timing
- Not following the defined protocols for prescribing or dispensing drugs
These types of medication errors are largely preventable and stem from causes such as:
- Distracted, fatigued, or overworked physicians, nurses, and pharmacists
- Illegible handwriting
- Poor communication between doctor and hospital staff, or between the doctor and the patient
- The medication sounds or looks similar to another drug
- Confusing medical abbreviations
- Using expired medication or improperly storing the drug, resulting in reduced efficacy
Your Waldorf medical malpractice attorney will be able to determine who and what was responsible for the medication error that caused you harm so we can approach the liable insurer for your compensation.
How Our Waldorf Medication Errors Lawyer Will Serve Your Case
Our legal team and medication errors attorney understand the rules and protocols healthcare providers must adhere to across the different steps of patient care. The majority of prescription errors that plague our medical system and cause undue harm to patients are preventable. We will do everything necessary to bring justice to your case.
Here are some of the services we offer to give your medication error claim a beneficial outcome:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation to uncover what happened and perform a thorough analysis of the facts
- Explain your legal options, protect your rights, and provide support and guidance throughout the different stages of your medication error case
- Secure witness statements from medical experts
- File the paperwork and supporting documents needed for the claim
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until a fair settlement is reached
- Represent you in court if the insurer does not agree to reasonable compensation
If you are considering pursuing legal action against the healthcare professional or facility that injured you, consider reaching out to us as soon as possible. Our attorney is ready to evaluate your case and handle the entire process, so you have more time to focus on recovery.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a medication errors lawyer serving Waldorf.
Your Medication Errors Lawyer in Waldorf Can Recover These Damages
Brown & Barron understands each medication error case is unique in the damage it can inflict on a patient. Once we analyze your case, our attorney will have a complete picture of how the injury affected you. We will then be able to assign a value to your case that reflects the full scale of damages that you suffered.
Depending on the circumstances and facts surrounding your case, you may be able to recover the following:
- Any past, current, or future medical expenses you incur, such as hospital and doctor visits, rehabilitation, medication, and therapy
- Lost wages if you are unable to work due to injury
- Physical and psychological pain and trauma you endured from the injury
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Wrongful death damages
Contact our attorney to learn which damages apply to you.
Your attorney will also be able to determine if multiple parties were involved in the medication error so that you can seek compensation from each liable insurer.
Deadlines to File a Medication Error Lawsuit in Waldorf
Please remember that prescription or medication error victims in Waldorf, Maryland, have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit against the negligent medical practitioner. MD. Courts & Judicial Proceedings Code Ann. § 5-109 (2020) defines the deadlines, also known as statutes of limitations, applicable to medication error cases. If you wait to file a claim until after the time limit, the court may dismiss your case, and you may lose out on the opportunity to collect compensation.
Generally, the deadline to file a medication error claim (as other personal injury claims) is three years from when the error occurred. Sometimes, the outcome of the error may not be noticeable right away. In such cases, the victim has five years from the date of discovery of the error to file a claim. Also, if the victim is a minor, their statute of limitations begins once they turn 18.
Your Waldorf medication errors lawyer will be able to explain how the statutes of limitations apply to your case. We urge you to contact our team immediately, so you do not wait too long and forgo your right to compensation.
Call to schedule a free appointment with our medical malpractice attorney, who will examine your case and walk you through your legal options, so you can make an informed decision about how to move forward with seeking financial reparations.
Hear From Our Clients
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
"Brown and Barron are very sufficient, and EFFECTIVE! They are direct, and they will not put false hope into anything!"Sabrina F.
"This law office is amazing ! Ester was our lawyer and helped us through every step of the way."Madison S.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.