Catastrophic injuries may vary according to the context in which they happen, but they all have something in common: most of them bring repercussions that affect the victim’s life forever. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, you might want to consult a Gaithersburg catastrophic injury attorney with Brown & Barron to help you find a solution to your case.
What Types of Catastrophic Injuries Are?
Most catastrophic injuries involve damage to vital organs or functions that may keep the person from having a normal and productive life. These consequences can even affect their family’s life. Common catastrophic injuries are:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neurological injuries
- Extensive fractures
- Burn injuries
Although these are among the most catastrophic common injuries, some other conditions resulting in permanent damage could also be considered catastrophic injuries.
Get in touch with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Gaithersburg, (410) 698-1717 for a free case evaluation.
There are specific situations in which negligence, intentional actions, or carelessness could enhance the chances for a catastrophic situation to happen. Our firm can help you if you or a loved one suffered from:
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
We can also help you file a wrongful death case if your loved one passed away from their catastrophic injury.
If you have suffered from a catastrophic injury and have evidence of the liability, you may want to connect with one of our catastrophic injury attorneys to help you with your case and seek compensation.
What to Do in Case of a Catastrophic Injury Happening to You or Your Loved One
Suffering from a catastrophic injury could leave you in poor health. Most of the time, it represents a heavy burden on your finances. So, you may want to ensure that you receive proper compensation from the person who is responsible for your situation.
The person responsible should be held accountable according to the laws of your state. Depending on the circumstances, you could present either:
- An insurance claim
- A personal injury lawsuit
To help you determine the most appropriate legal route, you may want to consult a catastrophic injury attorney on our team. As they review the situation and evidence provided, they will guide you along the way so you can obtain justice and compensation.
Damages You Can Claim in a Catastrophic Injury Case
After suffering a catastrophic injury due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills for past and anticipated care
- Lost income
- Reduced earning power
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage expenses
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Mental anguish
If your loved one passed away from their catastrophic injury, you may pursue wrongful death awards.
Getting Help From Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Gaithersburg
Your primary focus should be healing from your injury, not organizing and building a legal case. Leave that to our attorneys. On your behalf, they can:
- Submit a lawsuit on time: Filing a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires is one of the most important things when you have a case like this.
- Collect enough evidence: Types of evidence you can use in your case include medical records, witness testimony, relevant photos, and an incident report.
- Seek proper compensation: Your lawyer will fight to recover all the economic or non-economic damages you incur due to your catastrophic injury.
- Handle communication: Your lawyer can take phone calls, emails, and other messages from the other party and their representatives.
- Negotiate a settlement: After your attorney quantifies your damages, they will demand that amount from the insurer and go back and forth with them until they can agree on an amount.
- Fight in court: We will represent you in court and fight for your case if we cannot settle your insurance claim during negotiations.
Our Legal Services Come at No Upfront Cost to You
After going through such a traumatic event, hiring legal representation may be the farthest thing from your mind, especially due to the expense. However, at Brown & Barron, we consider your financial state, so we will fight for you on a contingency-fee basis.
That means we won’t charge you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees for our help. We only take payment if we secure a settlement or verdict for you.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Gaithersburg.
Consult a Gaithersburg Catastrophic Injury Lawyer with Brown & Barron
If you live in Gaithersburg and need help from a catastrophic injury lawyer, you can consult Brown & Barron, and our legal team will guide you and assist you every step of the way.
Call our office in Maryland for a free consultation.
Does Your Case Have a Limit of Time to File a Lawsuit?
Most legal cases have a limited time in which you can file a lawsuit. This limited number of years is known as the statute of limitations, and it differs from one state to another.
The state establishes different timelines to submit your civil lawsuit against the person responsible for your catastrophic injury. These deadlines often differ based on the type of case you’re pursuing. Generally speaking:
- Personal injury: Three years from the date of the incident, according to Md. Code Ann., Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 5-101
- Medical malpractice: The earlier of either five years from the date of the injury or three years from the date of discovery, as Maryland Courts & Judicial Proceedings Code section 5-109 affirms
- Wrongful death: Three years from the date of death, per Md. Code Ann., Cts. & Jud. Proc. § 3-904
If you fail to comply with the deadline, you may be unable to recover damages from the liable party. However, a lawyer on our team can ensure you file everything in time.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.