Gaithersburg Failure to Diagnose Lawyer
While we trust doctors and other medical professionals to look out for our health, some do not live up to this duty. When negligence causes a healthcare provider to miss a diagnosis that others in their position would have identified, it can constitute malpractice.
If this scenario caused you or your loved one further illness or injury, a Gaithersburg failure to diagnose lawyer from our firm can handle your medical malpractice case. You could recover compensation for additional medical treatment and other damages from the physician or another liable party. Our team at Brown & Barron will discuss your legal options during a complimentary consultation.
Call Brown & Barron for a Free Case Review
Have you or a loved one been the victim of negligent medical staff? Call us today for a free case evaluation. Our medical malpractice attorneys could get started on your compensation claim today at no upfront cost to you.
Get in touch with a failure to diagnose lawyer serving Gaithersburg, (410) 698-1717 for a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Brown & Barron for Your Medical Malpractice Claim
To prove that your medical team’s failure to diagnose warrants a medical malpractice case, it is essential to confirm that negligence occurred. You will have to follow a series of steps and collect enough evidence to support your case against the medical professional and/or facility.
All this can be difficult to do while dealing with a health condition. For this reason, our attorneys offer to take over your case, putting our resources and knowledge toward proving your doctor’s error. For example, we’ll handle tasks like:
- Gathering your medical history from the hospital
- Investigating if the history of the doctor or hospital indicates negligence in the past
- Requesting testimony from third-party medical personnel about your case
- Filing the claim with the appropriate authorities
- Evaluating your case’s overall value
- Negotiating with the liable party’s malpractice insurer
If necessary, we will also advocate for you at trial. Our lawyers at Brown & Barron will take the necessary steps to prove the liable party’s negligence; you should only focus on your recovery.
Clients Praise Our Communication and Compassion
- “Chris and his team went above and beyond anything I could have expected. Even through Covid they kept me up to date on any and all progress with my case. They were friendly, professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and fast responding. I will always be thankful for this firm. I will recommend them to anyone in need of their services.” J. Bottomley
- “They were excellent at communicating with us, and kept us abreast of any and all changes, even during the pandemic. They gave so much to our case and we are so appreciative.” M. Dennis
- “Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none.” E. Butler
What Damages Are Recoverable in a Failure to Diagnose Case?
After being the victim of a medical malpractice diagnosis failure, the damages you can recover vary. Each malpractice case is unique, so compensation depends on the exact injuries suffered, as well as your recovery timeline.
For this reason, our attorneys will study your failure to diagnose case in-depth to ensure we identify all potentially recoverable damages and estimate an accurate case value. Generally, the damages we recover for medical malpractice clients include:
- Medical expenses: This includes past and future costs related to your care and recovery, such as transportation to the hospital by ambulance, medicines, physical or mental therapy, hospital bills, and visits to the doctor, among others.
- Pain and suffering: If the doctor’s malpractice caused incurable damage to your health, you could receive compensation for physical pain and mental anguish.
- Loss of income: The doctor’s error may have caused you to miss work, or even caused a permanent disability that prevents you from returning to your position at full capacity—or at all. We will fight for compensation for current and future income loss.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: The pain and troubles that come with medical negligence can affect your ability to participate in activities you once enjoyed.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one to medical negligence, you could claim compensation for the pain of this loss, lost income, benefits, and loss of companionship and protection, among other things.
When Brown & Barron handles your case, you can rest assured that our attorneys will account for each of your damages before seeking compensation.
Contact Brown & Barron online today to schedule a free case review with a with a failure to diagnose lawyer serving Gaithersburg.
We’ll Start Working on Your Lawsuit as Soon as Possible
We recommend starting the claims process as soon as possible for several reasons. First, Maryland law outlines a statute of limitations for medical malpractice under Maryland Courts & Judicial Proceedings Code Section 5-109. This statute gives you five years to sue from the date of the incident or three years from the date of discovery, whichever is earlier.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of failure to diagnose, you’ll want to give your legal team as much time as possible to collect evidence and build a strong lawsuit. The sooner you reach out, the more time we’ll be able to dedicate to your case.
You should only be worried about what is important: your health and recovery. We’ll handle the rest for you.
Cases We Handle Involving Failure to Diagnose
Failed diagnoses are not uncommon, and the severity of the consequences varies. Some examples of this type of negligence are:
- Not following up on a patient
- Not contacting a specialist if necessary
- Not requesting tests or the critical analysis
- Misdiagnosis or late diagnosis of serious diseases
Some of these actions can have deadly consequences. For this reason, we also handle wrongful death cases against liable medical care providers and facilities.
Whether you or your loved one suffered harm in Gaithersburg, Brown & Barron could be the law firm for you.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (410) 698-1717.