When a trusted doctor or caregiver fails to provide an acceptable standard of care, or when you are otherwise injured due to the careless or wrongful conduct of another, you need a skilled legal team by your side. At Brown & Barron, we proudly represent clients in complex cases involving medical negligence, nursing home abuse, birth injuries, and more. Our attorneys have recovered more than $82 million on behalf of the severely injured and the surviving families of those wrongfully killed.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by a medical provider, nursing home, or any other person or party, reach out to our team right away to learn how we can help. In Maryland, you only have three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit (in most cases). Do not wait until it’s too late; contact our Arbutus injury attorneys today for a complimentary consultation.
We dedicate the majority of our practice to cases involving medical errors, nursing home negligence, and birth injuries leading to catastrophic injuries and deaths. This focused approach allows us to dedicate all of our time, efforts, and resources to each individual case. Our attorneys have extensive, in-depth knowledge in their specific practice areas and have earned numerous awards and accolades from prestigious legal organizations.
We regularly represent clients in the following types of cases:
- Birth Injuries: Our birth injury practice is predicated on obtaining justice for newborns, parents, and others harmed by the negligent and wrongful conduct of obstetricians, delivery room doctors, nurses, hospitals, emergency rooms, and other medical providers. If you, your child, or your loved one suffered a birth injury due to medical error or negligence, we can help.
- Catastrophic Injuries: We devote our practice to victims of severe, life-changing injuries, otherwise known as catastrophic injuries. Our attorneys have successfully helped individuals suffering from traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, severe burns, traumatic amputation, and other devastating injuries fight for the fair compensation they were owed.
- Medical Malpractice: Our medical malpractice attorneys represent victims of all types of medical errors and negligence, including diagnostic errors like misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose, medication mistakes, emergency room errors, surgical errors, hospital negligence, and more. Get in touch with us today to learn how we can fight for you and your recovery.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect: We proudly stand up for the rights of elderly individuals and other vulnerable people living in assisted living homes and long-term care facilities. Our attorneys handle all types of nursing home abuse and neglect cases, including those involving physical, emotional, psychological, sexual, and financial abuse.
- Wrongful Death: In addition to representing the catastrophically injured, we assist surviving family members who have lost loved ones due to the negligence and wrongful conduct of others. If believe that someone else is responsible for your loved one’s untimely passing, contact our firm to learn how we can help you seek justice.
Put Over 137 Years of Combined Legal Experience on Your Side
When it comes to navigating the legal process, we believe that there is no substitute for experience. Together, our attorneys have nearly 140 years of collective legal experience, along with a long and proven track record of success. Many of our attorneys are graduates of some of the nation’s most prestigious law schools and have extensive backgrounds in various areas of civil litigation and trial law. We work with authoritative healthcare experts who not only understand established standards of medical care but also complex injuries and the many, nuanced effects they have on the lives of victims and their families.
Simply put, we have what it takes to effectively advocate for you. Our Arbutus injury attorneys are ready to fight for you and the full, fair compensation you are owed. We treat our clients like family, and there are no legal fees unless/until we recover a settlement or verdict for you.
Proving the Elements of Your Case
Nearly all injury cases—including those arising from alleged medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, and general negligence—depend on liability. In other words, to have a successful case, you must prove that someone else (the defendant) is legally responsible for your damages, or the collective losses you have suffered due to your injury.
Specifically, you must typically prove each of the following elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care, meaning they were required to take reasonable measures to prevent causing foreseeable injury
- The defendant failed to uphold or breached the duty of care, most often by acting negligently, wrongfully, or failing to uphold the standard of reasonable care
- You were injured, and your injuries led to measurable damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, etc.
- The defendant’s failure to uphold the duty of care was the proximate cause of your injury, meaning you would not have been injured had they upheld the duty of care
At Brown & Barron, our Arbutus medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, and birth injury attorneys work with medical experts and other specialists to prove the nature, severity, and impact of your injuries. We utilize cutting-edge technology to present powerful evidence to the judge and jury, and we have access to robust resources that allow us to develop creative legal strategies aimed at maximizing your recovery.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.