We trust doctors, nurses, caregivers, and nursing home staff to provide an acceptable level of care. When they fail in this responsibility, patients and residents can suffer significant consequences, including permanent injury, worsened health conditions, and even death.
If you or someone you love was the victim of medical malpractice, a birth injury, or nursing home abuse, turn to the team at Brown & Barron. With more than 137 years of combined experience, our award-winning attorneys are prepared to aggressively advocate for you and your rights. We treat every client like family, offering personalized legal guidance and attentive support throughout the process.
It can be difficult to tell whether you have a valid medical malpractice, birth injury, or nursing home abuse case. In fact, these situations are rarely clear-cut, but an experienced attorney from our firm can review the facts and determine whether you have grounds for legal action.
You likely have a case if you can prove each of the following elements:
- Injury: To have a case, you must prove that you were injured. An “injury” includes any physical injury, illness, or medical condition that leads to measurable damages or financial losses, such as medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning ability, and pain and suffering.
- Duty of Care: You must prove that the defendant had a legal responsibility to take certain actions and/or avoid certain actions to prevent foreseeable injury. In most medical malpractice and nursing home cases, this includes upholding the standard of reasonable care.
- Breach: Additionally, you must prove that the defendant breached, or failed to uphold, the duty of care. Most often, this involves negligent or wrongful conduct, such as failing to provide patients or residents with the acceptable standard of care.
- Causation: Lastly, you must establish the defendant’s breach of the duty of care as the cause of your injury and resulting damages. In other words, you must demonstrate the link between the defendant’s negligent or wrongful conduct and the incident that caused your injury.
The team at Brown & Barron works with influential healthcare experts and other specialists who serve as authorities on complex regulations and established standards of care. We utilize our robust resources to effectively prove the various elements of our clients’ cases, allowing them to pursue maximum compensation for their various economic and non-economic losses.
Striving to Make Medical Facilities & Nursing Homes Safer
At Brown & Barron, we are not only committed to helping our individual clients obtain the justice and fair compensation they are owed; we are also passionate about highlighting unsafe practices and standards within the medical and caregiving communities so that we can help put a stop to them. Our attorneys are driven by a mission to make hospitals, emergency rooms, clinics, and for-profit nursing homes safer and better for all.
We are proud to engage in impact litigation that aims to reform the healthcare and nursing home industries. As your legal team, we will tirelessly protect your rights and do everything possible to ensure you receive justice. We believe in protecting patients, the elderly, children, and other vulnerable people within our community. Our Bowie nursing home, medical malpractice, and birth injury lawyers are ready to stand up for you and your family.
How Our Bowie Injury Attorneys Can Help
Our attorneys have represented clients in cases involving the following and more:
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Elopement and wandering
- Falls and fractures
- Medical mismanagement
- Nutritional neglect
- Physical injuries
- Abuse by nursing home residents and staff
- Sexual abuse
Our firm has recovered numerous multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts, including some of the largest results in medical malpractice, birth injury, and nursing home history. To date, we have secured more than $82 million for our clients, and we are ready to aggressively pursue the full, fair compensation you are owed.
Contact our team today to learn more about how we can help.
Hear From Our Clients
"Brown & Barron, LLC has to be one of the best law firms in the state of Maryland, possibly the entire country. The quality of their service is second to none. They go above and beyond to serve their clients and get the job done."Eric B.
"The best professional experience I have ever been a part of. I trusted them the entire way, and they exceeded all expectations."Darius L.
"Brown & Barron provided efficient, straight-up, and straightforward services in my medical malpractice case. They answered all my questions and kept me informed every step of the way."D.D.
"After a two-year process, my case is resolved. I would like to commend and highly recommend Mr. Chris Casciano for his diligence, attention to detail, and support for myself and my family."A.L.
"They definitely get the job done in will go above in beyond for the clients I appreciate all the hard work that they have done over the years."Ashley L.